An inclusive group of citizens mobilizing to elect a responsive and competent Victoria City Council.
Our vision is a City Council that:
- is qualified, with real-life experience and a fresh outlook;
- embraces thoughtful and respectful debate;
- ensures that the interests of all Victoria citizens are considered;
- makes decisions based on clear objectives, broad community input, best practices, and solid evidence;
- runs the city with a focus on core services;
- is committed to fiscal responsibility, and respects every taxpayer dollar;
- is transparent and democratic.
Our vision is a Victoria that is safe, clean and inviting for residents and visitors, with:
- an appropriate stock of housing that addresses the needs of existing neighbourhoods;
- social housing that is safe, responsible and respectful of existing neighbourhoods;
- fair and even enforcement of laws and bylaws;
- a transportation plan that recognizes all forms of mobility, and that automobiles are still a fundamental form of transportation of both goods and people.
NewCouncil.ca candidates have been carefully selected to represent Victoria. Each candidate:
- is committed to balanced representation of interests; putting Victoria’s citizens ahead of special interest groups;
- has integrity in actions and is committed to transparency regarding relationships that might cause conflicts of interest;
- is open to new ideas and thinks critically;
- accepts constructive criticism;
- is committed to a non-partisan approach to decision making for Victoria regardless of personal alignment with provincial and federal political parties;
- has a record of community involvement and personal contribution to improving Victoria;
- has the financial competence to oversee and make informed decisions on behalf of the electorate;
- understands of the role of municipal government and its relationship to provincial and federal governments;
- has broad practical experience and proven competence in major decision-making;
- is articulate and electable.